- Have you been regularly finding a place of silence to hear from God?
- What are you anxious or frustrated about this month, this last week? Is anyone being hurt by the stress level in your life? How can you apologize this week to those you’ve hurt?
- Have you felt any undue pressure to lie or try to prove your worth to anyone this last month?
- Where do you feel dark spiritual forces hassling or attacking you? Have you specifically exposed these issues and asked people to pray?
- What do you think God is saying to you about your marriage, your heart, the balance of leading people vs. leading your family?
- Are you and your spouse in the same stride in how much time you’re giving to lost folks? How many times a week or evenings have you been opening your home?
- Are you helping your spouse find and pursue their passions while you pursue your own?
- What fun things did you do with your spouse last month? with your children? Plans for next month?
Time Management & Balance
- Describe what your “Sabbath” is right now? Is that working? If not, do you see any way to make the happen?
- Have you been consistently pre-planning your week or have you been more “responding” to the apparent pressures that come to you? How will be making time to get intentional with your weekly schedule?
- Where have you been wasting time?
- How much time are you spending with Christians vs. Non-Christians? How would you assess the rest of your community on this question?
Engaging your neighborhood with the Gospel
- Do you know the names of all your neighbors? If not, what can you do this month to get to know them without being a dork?
- How could you bless the children of the people you’re meeting?
- Have you been able to share much of your story to a lost friend this month? How did that go? Any follow up?
- How many of your 21 weekly meals have you been sharing with people?
Engaging other people in your community with the gospel
- What common space, coffee shops, pubs, etc. have you been hanging out in consistently? Have any interesting relationships started to form?
- Are you doing any recreation, hobbies, or school functions with the intent to make friends?
- Have you done anything this last month that you may need to apologize for to a lost friend? Maybe not being more helpful to them? Saying no to an invite they gave you? Maybe being gone when something bad happened to them?
- How are you praying for the people around you? What does that look like? Has God led you to do anything unique for a friend?
Leading other Christians in Community
- How have you been engaging the culture with those in your Christian community?
- Do you feel that your Christian community is trustworthy to bring any new friend to? If not, Why and how can you mentor your community toward inclusiveness and trust?
- Are there any people in your community right now that seem to be struggling or fighting against what you feel God has led your community to do or be? What do you think God is asking you to do to address the problems?
- This last month, do you feel more like a “doer” of the ministry or an “equipper”? How can you get closer to the equipper? What could you give up or give to someone else to do? What is keeping you from doing that?
Don’t forget to read the full list on Hugh’s blog.