Facebook has launched a new feature called “Facebook Pages” that allows organizations to better promote themselves to Facebook users. It is similar to creating a Group but with significant improvements. Facebook Pages allow you to:
- Create a page for your ministry.
- Build a “fan” base.
- Message your “fans.”
- Create photo albums.
- Upload videos.
- Have a “Wall” (message board).
- Have discussion groups.
- Create and schedule events.
- Add additional features with Facebook Applications.
- Create targeted ad campaigns (costs money).
- Track statistics for your Facebook Page.
I created a Facebook Page for Church Relevance. Please join by clicking the “Add to my Organizations” text in the upper right corner.
If you haven’t joined Facebook yet, you should. It is great for networking with other ministers, and tools like Facebook Pages make it easy to further engage members of your church and community. If you need a friend, you can always add me.