There are two core fundamental ways in which movement and transformation take place in the context of society
We know how to help our local church, but we are old school about global ministry. Being missional is more than just doing a couple of projects for the poor.
What does the Great Commission say?
As you are going, make disciples.
How did the early church produce disciples so quickly, yet we take so long? When they make disciples, they abandon themselves to live for Christ. If we could follow Christ today, where would we go? Where it is tame? Or where all hell is breaking loose?
What does it mean to make disciples? When Jesus says make disciples of all nations, what is that all about?
Abraham in Genesis 12 is the ultimate disciple. He was a blessing to all nations.
The lowest common denominator is the disciple.
Gospel > Disciple > Society > the Church emerges
What is the Non-Western Church Like?
- We focus on the Holy Spirit, and the West is pragmatic.
- We focus on obedience to the Word of God.
- There is gratitude towards Abraham for what he did, but there is a focus on Ishmael.
The Great Commission will not be fulfilled until Muslims come back to Christ.
- It is an integration of faith, and life, and everything.
- They is an absence of money that causes us to trust God for everything.
We need to engage the world. God is going to do it with or without you. Your only responsibility is obedience.